Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Gifts

 Christmas was not about the gifts this year, although there were some fun ones. Julia bought Hobbit feet slippers for dad and herself. So silly! We have been more focused than ever on family and friends and being together.


We thought Pete looked sharp in the service uniform. Then he put on the dress blues! Guess who got to sew on the chevrons? The Navy tailor in Newport was backed up and wouldn't be able to get them done in time for Christmas. I was more than happy to accept this task!


The only gifts I made were little quilts for my grand-niece's new American Girl dolls. In a few hours last weekend, I had these cute, reversible doll quilts. Purple for Anna and cheetah (jaguar) for Lily, all from my stash. (I have no idea why I had three different cheetah prints to choose from!)
 

I had come across a tutorial at Stitched by Crystal, so I didn't need to do any math. The concept is the same as Anita Grossman Solomon's Super Sized Nine Patch baby quilt pattern, just smaller.


Lily is so smart. She corrected her dad when he asked about the doll blankets. "They are quilts!" I've trained her well. We'll need to start sewing together soon.

6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is the perfect gift for Christmas and so nice that the family can be together. Wonderful photo of your family.

Debbie

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Wonderful! Merry Christmas and happy new year!

Debbie said...

especially glad your son was able to be home!

Unique Gifts For Musicians said...

Thanks for this great share. This site is a fantastic resource. Keep up the great work here at Sprint Connection!

Unique Gifts For Musicians

Cathy said...

A belated Merry Christmas!! Pete does look handsome in those dress blues.

Katie said...

The girls love their quilts!!! Thank you!