Friday, February 6, 2015

Two at a Time

I'm having so much fun working on these two projects this week! The selvage log cabins are coming along nicely. I need to make six more blocks for the layout I have planned. I was hoping to get them done today, but it is not looking promising. 
 

I have discovered that the process goes more quickly if I plan out the selvages before I sit down to sew. Here are my piles waiting to go. 
 

I'm using the Wild & Goosey blocks as leaders/enders and it is working like a charm!
 

I don't have enough variety to be truly random, so I dealt out the pieces last night while I was watching TV. Nineteen blocks ready to go! 
 

In about 40 minutes, I can sew a log cabin block and two goosey units. My Featherweight is getting a workout this week! I'm trying to take good care of her with lots of TLC and oil.


Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

JoJo said...

I love your selvage and goose blocks! I bet you can't wait to put them together.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love seeing your pics of everything laid out and ready to sew. Those goose blocks are so pretty... Lots of little pieces but worth it!

Calicojoan said...

You inspired me start the wild and goosey blocks, now selveges! :-) When will the madness ever stop! hahahahaha... I'm loving busting stash or I guess I should say scrap!

Mary said...

Great job on your projects. I love how you are working the two together.

Lara B. said...

It is neat seeing how you organize your approach to these great scrappy projects. I love what you are doing with them Tina!

Carla said...

awesome. love all the blocks.

Carla said...

awesome. love all the blocks.

Anonymous said...

Planned irregularity; that's my style too. Love both your projects--especially the color play in the wild goose quilt.

Cathy said...

I love them both so much. The selvage log cabin is so creative. And I never would have thought to use wild and goosey as a leader/ender. Thanks so much for linking up!