Monday, May 11, 2015

Richard's Stacked Squares

This quilt is being shipped to my cousin today. I'm hoping it will bring him some comfort through cancer treatments. Cancer sucks.


So, back in February, I went fabric shopping with a friend. We bought the same focus fabric- mine in blue, hers in red. I knew it would be perfect with the stacked squares pattern from the Moda Bake Shop. I didn't have pre-cuts, but even with extra cutting, the top came together really quickly. Like two days. I know I get a little obsessive when I'm piecing. It's my happy place!


The quilting had to wait until after the wedding and baby quilts were done. The free motion quilting design compliments the pattern perfectly. 


The back is mostly the focus fabric: iHaus from Cloud 9 Fabrics. The solid blue is Kona Pacific, the dark gray is Kona Charcoal, the taupe is not Kona. The other prints are an assortment of fat quarters from stash. There are a couple of prints with flowers, but I hope it's not too girly.


Bound in charcoal. Labelled, washed, and ready to go. Yeah, this photo was taken before washing. It's crinkly and cozy now.



Stacked Squares
60" X 76" (after washing)
Started 3/31/15 
Completed 5/10/15
Pieced on Singer Featherweight 221
Quilted on Bernina 153
 Working time 5 days

6 comments:

sara said...

fantastic!!!

Marlene said...

Love it and hope it brings some comfort to your cousin during his treatments.

Rike Busch said...

Dear Tina,
an amazing male-quilt! The pattern is great and I have to save it to my really long wish-To-Do-list.
Greetings, Rike

JoyfullyOrangeDeborah said...

Might just be the pattern I need for my daughter's quilt, only I need to make it at least queen sized. Blessings of health to your coisin!

JoyfullyOrangeDeborah said...

Might just be the pattern I need for my daughter's quilt, only I need to make it at least queen sized. Blessings of health to your coisin!

JoyfullyOrangeDeborah said...

Might just be the pattern I need for my daughter's quilt, only I need to make it at least queen sized. Blessings of health to your coisin!